+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Willow Leaf Ficus

nebraska
    Yes both arrived in good health, but I don't have either anymore. Got caught slacking on watering last winter. Needed to water my indoor trees but was running late so figured id do it when I got home. Got caught in a blizzard and stranded in a different town for a week. My little honda wasn't much of a snow driver . Got a 4wd suburban this summer to help keep that from happening again, and learned to water them before I leave

Bonsai Sensei Caisí M. is on a distinguished road
    Ah, well that's just sad! I'm really sad about that, it's a shame, but as my only indoor tree the same will not happen with my little guy. At least this company is reliable for me!

Yeah! My ficus arrived today!

Bonsai Apprentice Howard is on a distinguished road

willow leaf ficus

Caisi M.

A great choice for indoor bonsai. The willow leaf is such a good grower, very tolerant of growing conditions. Enclosed is a pic of my large willow leaf (subjective size....large compared to some of my trees) and beside it is my smaller willow leaf ( a cutting ) in 2007. The final pic is of my very small willow leaf this year. I have a plant stand in my bedroom, which holds alot of small trees. I hope you and your tree will have many happy years together.

Howard
    Attached Images

Those are great! I was expecting my tree to be a smaller, less developed potensai. It is actually a nicely developed foot-tall tree with nice foliage and great, natural taper! The roots are massive and wrap around the trunk, and the tree looks amazing. I'm glad I went with DaSu.

Bonsai Expert mKlRivPwner is on a distinguished road mKlRivPwner's Avatar
    Pictures Please *makes best puppy-dog-pleading face*
    "... And I shall call you pwner.... you may now go about your pwn'ing"
    - Slim Genre

I would, but I have no idea how to work the picture uploader. Sorry!

Bonsai Apprentice Howard is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Caisí M. View Post
    Those are great! I was expecting my tree to be a smaller, less developed potensai. It is actually a nicely developed foot-tall tree with nice foliage and great, natural taper! The roots are massive and wrap around the trunk, and the tree looks amazing. I'm glad I went with DaSu.
    Am glad your purchase exceeded your expectations. That is a nice change seeing how many times mail order plants don't meet our expectations. Howard

I agree. That's very true.

Bonsai Expert mKlRivPwner is on a distinguished road mKlRivPwner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caisí M. View Post
    I would, but I have no idea how to work the picture uploader. Sorry!
    I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down to anyone, so I apologize in advance... I know others on the forum have asked the same thing, and that attaching files is different from forum to forum, so I thought I'd go into a little more detail than I probably need to.

When you reply, click the 'Go Advanced' button. Now, under the bar where you can type the title, there should be a paper clip and a piece of paper. Click it.

That should bring up a new window "manage attachments", and immediately under that is "Upload Files from your Computer" and a button that says 'Browse'. Click the Browse button, and locate the file on your computer (I like to move the pictures I want to my desktop before trying to upload them, so they are easier to find). Once you find the picture, select it and click 'Open'.

Now the "Upload Files..." bar should have a file name (C:/something or the other). Click the "Upload" button just under the 'Browse' button. It could take a few seconds, but it will move the picture from the bar down to the "Current Attachments" area. Once the picture shows up there, it's attached and you can upload your next picture, or click the 'Close This Window' button.

The picture is now attached and will show up when you submit your reply.

If you want the picture to show up in your reply, you can (before you submit) click on the arrows next to the paper clip. That will bring up a list of the attachments you have on your reply. Click on the picture you want to include, and it will add the "Attach" text into the post for you (usually at the beginning of the post. Cut and Paste the "attach" text wherever you want to move it to, making sure to get both sets of [brackets].

Please don't hate me...
    "... And I shall call you pwner.... you may now go about your pwn'ing"
    - Slim Genre

+ Reply to Thread