+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hiking the americas

Live in California till may .. Then I will be on my journey

Hiking the americas

Hey everyone... In may. I am leaving on a huge hiking trip.. I am going from Barrow Alaska to USHAIA Argentina.. I want peoples opinions on gear n places to go.. I have most gear but can always upgrade.. N have mapped the path out to the places n trails I will be on but I would love more input.. Plus I would love if anyone what's to take portions or do the whole thing with me... I leave may 21st going north to south n will take 2 n a half years 20 miles a day ... Input, moral support, or any help will be a big thankyou... I am filming n writing a book about the adventure too...

wow, sounds like fun! what do you want feedback about? good luck!
    Help preserve the Environment - Teach Compassion for Wild Animals

So in the Americas you'll be on the PCT for mad long huh? Sounds awesome, have fun! When you write the book and create the document be sure to let us get a peak
    "Do not fear mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

Here is a website for a family that did this on bikes. http://www.familyonbikes.org/

They might be a good source of information.

Live in California till may .. Then I will be on my journey
    I have read about people riding bikes and a gentleman just finished running from south to north pole.. In 1970 George Meegan did this trip .. Thank you everyone... I am asking for help on places to see ( hotsprings, mountains, valleys, villages, etc) ... Depending on weather... I will be taking the PCT ( first choice) if it's a bad winter, unlike this year, I then will be taking the PCH... no matter what it will take me to where I need to be... If anyone what's to take portions let me know :-)

if you miss the redwood forest in central california on the way down you would be doing yourself a grave injustice.

san francisco is america's most beautiful city. you should visit that as well
    Help preserve the Environment - Teach Compassion for Wild Animals

I would really like to get to San Fran. I contemplated trying to find a job in the nearby nat'l parks and live in the city. Would be prettty neat.
    "Do not fear mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

+ Reply to Thread