+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: How to make a Pepsi can stove.

Hey that is great! Congrats and welcome to a healthy addiction lol! Hard to tell from this picture, but it looks like you do in fact have a side pressurized alchy stove. Nice job, that is a good even flame pattern. May I suggest, since you are using a wider pot, it would be best if you had a wider flame pattern. If you made the flame wider and more broad by putting the holes on the side of the actual can, you can decrease the boil time by increasing the contact of flame on the pot. Similar to the varied sizes of ports on a stove (at least my parents newer model stove has different sized heads to accommodate various size pots). But excellent job. Its always a test run and comparison critique. I have a bunch made and I always test the amount of time it takes to boil 2 cups of water with my Snow Peak 700. So far I found the best design is similar to what you have, only I have my jets on the inside ring of the can. Keeps the flame narrow for my narrow pot. Though I have had trouble in cooler temperatures getting the thing primed. My next test is going to be a flame pattern just like what you have here. Its always testing and re-testing, at least its fun, especially getting the supplies! (drinking beer!) haha. GL!

DP
    "Do not fear mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

Banned
    Thanks for the great feedback! Although the pic shows my old wider pot, I'm actually carrying a narrow Snow Peak TI pot, so I'm hoping this flame patter will do.... but I can see you are right that I need to do some testing. I'm looking forward to "collecting" supplies for my next stove as well : ) Cheers, K.

Nice, the testing is half the fun! That is definitely a nice flame pattern especially for a Snow Peak Ti pot. That is what I carry, the 700 series and I was thinking how nice that would be for it.

sound good. good luck!

Banned
    These things are great. I have been using one of these for several years, and I have been very happy with mine.

Banned
    and then what

Banned
    Here is one that is a clone of the minibulldesign elite. no pot stand is required as the pot sits right on top. SP600 is as small as you would go.
    Attached Images

Banned
    In fact here is a review of the elite and the sp600 in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yogCm6b3mzw

That is a sweet little stove. Whats the 2 cup boil time? I am in the process of collecting materials to make a Starlyte stove. Just need to get in my attic to get some fiberglass insulation.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...hol_stove.html

Only instead of having the pot stand built in I am going to use a caldera cone as both a windscreen and pot holder. Already have the aluminum flashing just need to cut one out. Was also thinking of making the stove like a MBD moodoo, with the fuel line to the bottle deal. All I would have to do is attach a nipple to the bottom and walla.

Banned
    Just an FYI, you cannot count on Pepsi cans being of a higher quality. They get their cans from a variety of sources depending on location. The vast majority of pop cans where I live and in the Mid Atlantic/South East are made by Ball Cannery in Williamsburg, VA http://www.ballamericas.com/page.jsp...&id=31&cat=oth Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper Budweiser and Coors all buy from them here and bear the Ball insignia.

+ Reply to Thread