+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too many Trees!

Bonsai Sensei Caisí M. is on a distinguished road

Too many Trees!

So, after an awkward series of events, I got a date with this girl I like, and was all excited to plan what movie times to go to. So, my plan was do this right after school and be ready by 6. Upon arriving home from school, I found two rather large boxes on my doorstep. My mail-order trees! There were six of them! I was totally unprepared, so grabbed the nearest bucket and soaked their roots for about 30 mins. I was kneeling in the dirt planting them, while on the phone trying to coordinate this date I really wanted to go on, but I also wanted to care for my trees. I was able to plant each one in very fertile, well-drained soil and watered them each very well and went on and enjoyed my date (phew!). I took several cuttings from my new willow and made myself a pot of willow water! It's so brown and gooey, but smells so nice and sweet! I'm just so happy it all worked out, and my new trees are great!

Bonsai Apprentice BonsaiChris is on a distinguished road BonsaiChris's Avatar
    Hope your trees turn out okay! Congratulations on your date

Haha, thanks! They all are fine now, and the rain watered them, and my date did go well!

Bonsai Apprentice Howard is on a distinguished road
    Juggling two dates.....one unexpected date with six trees and the other with a "hot" chic. That is some juggling ! Glad both experiences went well. jejejeje

Lol, yeah, they were both fun! I loved the real date, but the one involving me in the mud with my precious trees was also fun. Many of them actually had flat, almost bonsai-like root systems, so it was easy to pant them. Among the many trees were as follows: Yoshino Cherry, Colorado Blue Spruce, Washington Hawthorne, American Mountain-Ash, 2 Red Maples, and a Weeping Willow. I already made good use of the branches for some willow water. They were all great looking!

Bonsai Apprentice BonsaiChris is on a distinguished road BonsaiChris's Avatar
    Pictures!

I can not!!!

+ Reply to Thread