+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: umbrella tree looks dead!! please help!!

Bonsai Apprentice stevefromga2000 is on a distinguished road

umbrella tree looks dead!! please help!!

i just replanted my umbrella tree less than a month ago and now all of the sudden it looks dead. it seems like it happened over night. the actual leaves are shriveled up, parts of the trunk are brown and look dead, the whole thing looks horrible. i really like the tree, what do i need to do? what could i have done wrong to cause this? any help is appreciated. thank you in advance

Bonsai Sensei Jimsai is on a distinguished road Jimsai's Avatar
    picture please

please help

sorry guys, i got really caught up with moving and stuff at work. this is what my tree looks like. i was thinking that i didn't use the right soil or something. i just replanted it in the same soil that i have some of my wifes flowers in. i thought it wouldn't make a difference since it is what it was in before. any help is appreciated, i really don't want this guy to die, if it's not too late. please help!!
    Attached Images

Bonsai Sensei Gina is infamous around these parts
    I'm afraid that photo doesn't look too encouraging. I had one die on me a couple of years ago with very little warning. It was soon after I had defoliated it and it had been standing outside in heavy rain. I think mine just got more water than it could cope with at a time when it had no leaves. Is it possible you over-watered your too?

Bonsai Sensei Caisí M. is on a distinguished road
    And what is wrong with that soil!? Looks gross!

it's moss over top of the soil. the soil looks fine i think, i just have it covered with the moss for looks. of course, it doesn't look good right now. i guess i could have over watered it, but i only watered it maybe 2 times before it started to look like it was dying. i only watered it when the soil started looking and feeling dry. i didn't have a wooden chopstick to test it, but i moved my finger around through it to test.

If that is moss, it looks dried out. Maybe I got it wrong and you didn't water it enough.

i stopped watering it for a while because i thought maybe i did water too much. the moss didn't look that bad before, i promise. so do you think i'm just SOL? or is there something i might be able to do to save it?

Try scratching off the bark near the base. If it's still green underneath, it may survive. If not, get a new one.

I wish I could offer more encouragement than that, but that photo doesn't look good.

Whatever happens, please let us know.

yes, it's dead. i still don't know what happened. it's sad, but that's what happens i guess. maybe i did something wrong. i can just go for it again. thanks for trying to help though

+ Reply to Thread