+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lafuma kailas 60+10 reviews?

Lafuma kailas 60+10 reviews?

I am considering purchasing this as my first pack. I am looking for any advice from people who have used this or know the quality of the brand in general. Right now the pack is heavily discounted at rei for about 50 bucks. I would like to know if it will last me a while and if there are any design flaws or features missing. Thanks for the help, all the reviews I found were not very helpful so I thought I'd ask here.

That is a huge pack. 50 liters about the biggest you need. It also weighs 5 lb 12 oz.

Compare it to my Osprey Talon 44 which is a good pack. It weighs 2 lb 6 oz. A 44 liter pack is a bit on the small side if you don't have gear to match.

There are a few ways to approach starting out. In my opinion, the places to spend the money are the sleeping bag and tent. These are the bulkiest and heaviest items. A warm night can make an otherwise difficult trip enjoyable.

Generally people people can wear clothes they already have if they watch the weather and don't go too far.

Here is a sample pack I put together for starting. The total is expensive, but only the tent and sleeping bag are important to get right in the beginning. Other things you can deal with. Use it as a guide to reasonable weights and costs.

http://gramcracker-gershon.blogspot....mple-pack.html

f

I just realized I put this in the wrong forum, maybe a mod can move it to the gear reviews section.

Thanks for the reply buddy, here's what I needed to mention that I left out. I anticipate carrying extra gear for my two kids. My wife is a small person at about 105 lbs. I think she will be able to carry some of the extra load but I think I will be carrying more. I am a NYC firefighter and I am okay with carrying the extra weight if the pack will distribute most of the load to my hips. Right now I'm trying to be economical and get the most bang for my buck and don't need the lightest weight gear but I realize that you need to minimize the extra lbs also. I will look over that list, thanks for the help.

woppa,

To answer your original question. La Fuma is a good brand, although relatively unknown. The pack is probably inexpensive because of the size and the brand. It will likely be good quality and last a long time. You can always return it to REI if it isn't.

Thank you, I am glad that rei has such an outstanding return policy.

+ Reply to Thread