+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cayenne Pepper and Bleeding

Cayenne Pepper and Bleeding

Cayenne Pepper can stop bleeding if it's applied directly onto a bleeding wound, something to keep in mind of you're working in the kitchen and accidentially cut yourself and don't have a first aid kit available.

Just place a small amount (don't pour the entire bottle) directly onto the open wound and it will stop the bleeding immediately. If you plan on keeping Cayenne pepper around, make sure you use the organic variety, and avoid the brands that contain wheat or other additives.

I've tried this, and I couldn't believe how fast it worked to stop the bleeding when I accidentially sliced my finger open while performing food prep.

Sure it's not a replacment for stitches, a band aid, or even a gauze pad, but it's good to know you have options if you find yourself suddenly in a 'pinch" (no pun intended) to control bleeding while taking other steps to address the wound.

Cheers,
    Serge
    SENTIRE-PENSARE-VOLERE

SERGEMASTER

Good to know, thanks for the tid bit of info. That is almost something that should be on a Snapple bottle cap
    "Do not fear mistakes, there are none" - Miles Davis

Capsecum (the active chemical in peppers that have the heat), is a miracle chemical.... On one hand when you eat it it triggers the pain receptors in the mouth which is kind of weird to think about. We are enjoying pain while we eat? wtf? But on top of that... it clears out your arteries and veins, lowers cholesteral and blood pressure. Helps clear out your intestines and digestion areas. It is used in some arthritis creams... If fights cancer... AND, it helps us stop bleeding. I read a study about people with internal bleeding, they were given a cup of warm water with cayenne pepper dissolved in it and within 10 seconds the bleeding stopped. Its pretty crazy stuff...

Wow thats pretty crazy. I guess we could all use a shot cayenne pepper every once in a while lol.

Well i mean look at other cultures...mexico for example. They have a diet that includes a fair amount of cayenne pepper and they dont have all of the health issues that we have. I mean dont get me wrong theyre still there, just not to the magnitude that they are here in the states. Ive really been getting on my dads case cuz he is just another fat american who eats whatever he wants. Recently when ive been home ive been trying to show him that you can make delicious tasty food thats healthy.

I think overdoing chillis is bad though. I know if you consume too much of it it can give you diahrea and all that fun stuff. So... like anything, in moderation its good.

Yea N to the dizzle. This is also true in other parts of the world. Take Japan for instance. There are some cultures there that are still agrarian and eat a lot of rice, kelp, and seafood including sushi. These folks are living longer healthier lives. I also read something that perhaps because their diet consists of a lot of seafood this may suggest some sort of resistance to balding. I have yet to see a bald Japanese person. xP

Banned
    I have been reading on natural herbal remedies to help with a variety of health ailments. I found an herb called horsetail which also helps to stop bleeding on contact, these days it is regarded and disposed of as a weed. If you are a frequent adventurer it is not a bad idea to learn to identify herbs that can be found in the region you are adventuring in, that will help with certain ailments that can occur unexpectedly. Cuts, insect wounds, snake bites, or even poison from plants are important to find remedies for, but you have to keep in mind that some plants are indigenous to certain regions so definitely do your research. Early man did not have the modern medications and hospitals that we have today and they were able to overcome many ailments and diseases so they had to be doing something right.

+ Reply to Thread