+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Man dies following following survival tv hosts.

whiteoak, I'm normally with you. My rule of thumb is: "withhold judgement and assume the best about people". However all the evidence does point in one direction. He went into the woods with no training, no real supplies, no way to signal for rescue, no shelter, in the dead of winter and he came back dead. We know enough to make a informed judgement here. Sure, maybe a meteorite landed on him, many things may have happened for that matter, but there is no evidence to suggest something else other than sheer stupidity killed him.

Again, I like to think the best about people but at a certain point a situation is what it is. If he had eased himself into this that would be one thing, but he went in as if he was an expert, be that overconfidence or ignorance we can't know, but we know the results. If he had just made one of a hundred smart decisions he could have saved his life but as far as we can tell he didn't seek out training, he didn't practice skills, he didn't wait for better weather, he didn't bring emergency supplies, he didn't bring anything so he could signal for help (even Les Stroud, Survivorman does these things and he has the training). He wasn't prepared if things went wrong, this is why things turned out the way they did.

It is admirable to assume the best about people and give them the benefit of the doubt, but not at the exclusion of evidence to the contrary.

From what I have read you are right in that he didnt have any formal training. He did "as in states title" Follow very closely survival shows.

[I'm not supporting that by the way or saying that its enought by any means]

I also read that he stated out little by little and slowly took bigger steps and bigger steps until he reached one that he sadly failed at.

But with what happened to him i hope he's family and friends are ok and im sorry for there loss.
    Don't sit around!Make you'r mark on earth!my channel www.youtube.com/user/outbacklloyd or facebook under teddy luna

I guess you guys have access to detailed information about that guy's death which I dont know anything about. oh well, everyone makes mistakes. cheers guy.

Yeah it does suck for his family. The main info I have for what happened is this months mag from field and stream. there are a buch of places on the web to read about, just keep looking.

+ Reply to Thread