+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boots: Wide toe box

Boots: Wide toe box

Are there any brands of hiking boots that have wide toe boxes (as opposed to just having wide sizes)? I have a lot of difficulty with scrunched toes!

Banned

Re:Boots: Wide toe box

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- the boots are just too small? You can do things to fix the sliding foot problem ( lacing tricks and a good insole ). women specific boot models that have a last with a narrower heel. In general Italian boot makers tend to work better for people with narrow heels. I suggest looking at Scarpa or La Sportiva. A custom insole[1] will also help quite a bit with this problem as it raises the heel which effectively shortens your foot and snugs the heel into the heel cup. _ Good Luck... _ Booker C. Bense [1] - or even just a good aftermarket one like DownUnders or Superfeet.

feet are wide at the top). Most wides are not wide enough in toe box area (though wide enough at the ball of foot area).
    I had the same problem with shoes although recently, some companies are making the square toe shoes.

Banned

isn`t moving around in the boot, your toes should be no where near the end of the boot. You might try getting good insoles as that will effectively shorten your foot. Lowa and Kayland are boots that tend to work better for people with wider feet. _ Booker C. Bense

Banned

pretty well, although I have had to use Moleskin while breaking them in. The toe box is roughly square but they fit my 13 EEEE feet pretty well all things considered.

multiple widths -- B/D so that one end was width D and the other B. This indicates that the shoes manufactures know about the problem.
    Sorry, but I don`t know the technical term but this indicates that there is hope to find a product for you.

Banned

I have the same problem as you that is causing severe pain of Morton`s Neuroma. Wide across the balls of my feet, but I don`t need the volume of the wide widths beyond that. I set out this spring to try on as many boots as I could to finally alleviate the problem. I was even prepared to have boots custom made for me this year. But then I tried on the Garmont Dakota Plus boot, and finally found the fit I was looking for. I learned that Garmont uses a patent "Asymetrical Fit" design technology that works for people like us. I would strongly suggest you try on the Garmont line for fit.

+ Reply to Thread